PATAGONIA MEN’S CAPILENE 1 SILKWEIGHT CREW (45640)
Run in it, surf in it or layer it with a lightweight shell. Worn alone, this crew provides 50+ UPF sun protection, superior stretch and a cool, drying airflow. Paired with another layer, it wicks moisture and adds some warmth when temperatures drop. Made with our stretchiest Capilene® performance baselayer fabric, this shirt breathes and dries in a flash. With a tuckable length, soft self-fabric crewneck, offset shoulder seams to reduce chafing beneath pack straps, thumb loops for secure hand coverage and angled side seams for layering comfort. Made of 4.6-oz 94% polyester/6% spandex jersey with 50+ UPF sun protection and Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
- Polyester/spandex blend for superior stretch and moisture management
- Smooth jersey face is comfortable against the skin
- Self-fabric crew neck for next-to-skin comfort
- Offset shoulder seams merge out of the way of pack straps
- Side seams roll forward for comfort under layers
- Thumb loops for secure hand coverage
- Machine-wash cold, tumble dry at low temperature
- 4.6-oz (156-g) 94% polyester (35% recycled)/6% spandex jersey, with 50+ UPF sun protection and Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 172 g (6.1 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
The Footprint Chronicles®
Patagonia promote fair labor practices, safe working conditions and environmental responsibility throughout the Patagonia supply chain.