Patagonia Ski Clothing
Patagonia Men’s Primo Down Jacket 30474 Updated Version!
You’ve sacrificed sleep, work and a relationship or two for cold, dry powder. You may sometimes feel a twinge of regret, but you’ll rarely feel the cold in our Primo Down—the warmest and most protective insulated hard-shell jacket we make (and updated this season with a newly refined fit). It combines a durable, 2-layer waterproof/breathable and windproof GORE-TEX® fabric with an insulating layer of Traceable Down (from geese traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked, as certified by NSF, an independent third party) to keep your psych high as the temperature drops low. A DWR (durable water repellent) finish casts off water and saturated snow, and an internal nylon lining manages moisture and glides smoothly over underlayers. The 2-way-adjustable, helmet-compatible hood has a laminated visor for optimal visibility. The Cohaesive™ cord-lock system embeds cord locks in hood and hem for quick and easy adjustment while Slim Zip installation with watertight, coated zippers on the pockets and pit zips reduce bulk and weight. Vislon® zippers on the center-front and chest pockets are burly tough and easy to use. Other features include ventilating pit zips; a removable, fully-adjustable, low-profile powder skirt; a goose-down filled draft collar for additional warmth and protection; and an embedded RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector. There are six zippered pockets: two handwarmers, one chest (includes a secure media pocket with cable routing), one on the forearm, and one interior stash, plus one interior drop-in for gloves or goggles.
- Tough and lightweight 2-layer polyester ripstop GORE-TEX® fabric for durably waterproof/breathable and windproof protection. Insulation: Traceable Down (from geese traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked, as certified by NSF, an independent third party) is warm and highly compressible
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable fixed hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; Cohaesive™ cord-lock system embeds cord locks in hood and hem for quick and easy adjustment; goose-down-filled draft collar at back of neck for extra warmth
- Watertight, coated zippers with slim zip installation on the pockets and pit zips reduce bulk and weight; Vislon® watertight, center-front zip is durable and easy to use
- Pit zips quickly release heat; adjustable, low-profile cuffs secure over or under gloves
- Removable and adjustable powder skirt can be cinched for a tight seal or lies flat when not in use. A webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Zippered pockets: one chest, which includes secure media pocket with cable routing; two handwarmers; one pass pocket on left forearm; one internal stash. One internal drop-in pocket for goggles or gloves
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- Shell: 2-layer, 2.71-oz 40-denier 100% polyester ripstop GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 100% nylon ripstop. Powder skirt: 2.2-oz 50-denier polyester taffeta. Insulation: Traceable Down (from geese traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked, as certified by NSF, an independent third party). Fabric is bluesign™ approved
- 935 g (33 oz)
The construction of 2-Layer GORE-TEX® Products is unique. A GORE-TEX® membrane is bonded to an outer material, then combined with a free-flowing lining. The benefit: a soft, lightweight garment that keeps you dry and lets you move freely.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body’s perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
The Footprint Chronicles®
Patagonia promotes fair labor practices, safe working conditions and environmental responsibility throughout the Patagonia supply chain.
Made in Bangladesh.Material: GORE-TEX® products with 3-layer construction are designed for a wide range of outdoor activities. The 3-layer GORE-TEX Performance Shell has a special GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a tough outer material and a robust inner lining. The benefit: no movement between the three layers, which means less wear and tear, and even greater durability.