Bone-chilling cold suddenly becomes civil with the phenomenal loft and expedition-level warmth of the Fitz Roy Down Parka. The fully baffled construction, improved to reduce migration, ensures thermal efficiency from the Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International, traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure that the birds are not force-fed or live-plucked). Meanwhile, the 100% nylon shell is now a single sheen throughout, and the DWR (durable water repellent) finish sheds snow and moisture. The helmet-compatible, single-pull hood has an internal heat-locking high-loft chamber on the back of the neck, and internal draft tubes eliminate cold spots along the two-way center-front zipper. The updated shaping enhances its feminine aesthetic; long cut with a full-coverage drop-tail hem (dual-adjust cord locks seals in warmth); two high zippered handwarmer pockets; and two large, internal, drop-in stretch-mesh pockets for warming frozen gloves. Soft, low-profile, internal elastic-bound cuffs push up easily.
- Lightweight and durable 100% nylon Pertex Quantum® fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to fend off moisture
- 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure that the birds are not force-fed or live-plucked)
- Fully baffled construction improved to prevent down migration; a longer cut and internal draft tubes at two-way, center-front zipper eliminates cold spots
- Helmet-compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull adjustment and an internal heat-locking, high-loft chamber on back of neck
- Two high handwarmer pockets feature zipper garages and insulated entries to eliminate drafts; two giant interior drop-in stretch mesh pockets hold gloves and other essentials
- Elasticized, low-profile cuffs sit soft on the arm and easily push up and out of the way
- Dual-adjust, drop-tail hem locks in heat; self-fabric stuffsack included
- 536 g (18.9 oz)
Model is 175 cm (5’9″) and wearing a size Small Slim Fit Size Chart
Shell, lining and reinforcements: 1.1-oz 20-denier 100% nylon Pertex Quantum® with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked).
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
The Footprint Chronicles®
Patagonia promote fair labor practices, safe working conditions and environmental responsibility throughout the Patagonia supply chain.