Patagonia Men’s Capilene® Midweight Bottoms
A classic, all-around polyester baselayer with 100% recycled content. The smooth, soft face makes for easy layering. Hollow-core yarns and a diamond-grid back trap warm air, wick moisture and dry fast. HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control keeps things fresh. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control has a smooth face for easy layering; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Fabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance elastane for stretch and ease of movement
- Elastic waistband is brushed for next-to-skin softness
- Gusseted crotch for comfort and unimpeded mobility
- Functional fly
- Flatlock seams to minimize chafing
- 133 g (4.7 oz)
Model is 183 cm (6’0″) and wearing a size Medium Slim Fit
- 5.1-oz (147-g) 100% recycled polyester diamond-grid double knit with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
HeiQ® Fresh uses the natural antimicrobial properties of silver ions to keep clothes odor free. It’s made from recycled silver salt*— the ions of which are naturally present in our environment and can be found in our drinking water, salt water and soil—that effectively inhibits the metabolism of the bacteria from processing odorless sweat into body odor.
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (30% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.We make four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
The Footprint Chronicles®
Patagonia promote fair labor practices, safe working conditions and environmental responsibility throughout the Patagonia supply chain.