Patagonia Men’s Pow Slayer Jacket
Patagonia Men’s Pow Slayer Jacket is their first-ever GORE-TEX® PRO fabric featuring a fully recycled nylon face, the PowSlayer Jacket is more lightweight and packable. The fully featured shell delivers the highest level of durable waterproof/breathable and windproof protection for the gamut of snow pursuits and optimized for backcountry touring.
The uncompromised PowSlayer provides the highest level of stormproof performance available so you can focus on riding rather than second-guessing the weather. Made with zero limitations, the PowSlayer is built from extremely light, yet highly durable, 3-layer 100% recycled nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® PRO fabric for the pinnacle of waterproof/breathable and windproof protection.
A DWR (durable water repellent) finish increases durability and prevents wet-out in soggy, spitting conditions. The helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood has a laminated visor for optimal visibility and a Cohaesive® cord-lock system, which embeds cord locks into the hood and hem to eliminate loose ends. Watertight, coated slim zips reduce weight and bulk; pit zips quickly release your heat.
The low-profile, fully adjustable powder skirt has a webbing loop to connect to any Patagonia® Snow pants and holds tight for snorkel-deep sessions.
Pockets include two chest (one with a secure media pocket and cable routing); two handwarmers; one arm pocket for your pass; two internal drop-ins; and one internal stash pocket. Includes an embedded RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector. Updated this season with improved symmetrical styling.
- Lightweight and highly durable 3-layer nylon ripstop GORE-TEX® PRO fabric offers the highest level of waterproof/breathable and windproof protection
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable fixed hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system in hood and hem provides quick and easy adjustment
- Watertight, coated zippers with slim zip installation reduce bulk and weight; Vislon® watertight, center-front zip is durable and easy to use
- Pit zips quickly release heat; adjustable, low-profile cuffs secure over or under gloves
- Adjustable powder skirt can be cinched for a tight seal or lies flat when not in use. A webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Zippered pockets: two chest, one with secure media pocket with cable routing; two handwarmers; one arm for pass; two internal drop-in and one internal stash
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
The construction of 2-Layer GORE-TEX® Products is unique. A GORE-TEX® membrane is bonded to an outer material, then combined with a free-flowing lining. The benefit: a soft, lightweight garment that keeps you dry and lets you move freely.
The GORE-TEX® membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body’s perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
The Footprint Chronicles®
Patagonia promotes fair labor practices, safe working conditions and environmental responsibility throughout the Patagonia supply chain.
Made in Bangladesh.Material: GORE-TEX® products with 3-layer construction are designed for a wide range of outdoor activities. The 3-layer GORE-TEX Performance Shell has a special GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a tough outer material and a robust inner lining. The benefit: no movement between the three layers, which means less wear and tear, and even greater durability.