Teko Girls Merino Wool Ski Socks: This Teko girls eco-merino medium cushion ski sock takes all the features of our adult socks and reduce it down into a perfect technical sock for kids. There are few sports where you keep your socks on for 8-10 hours a day and expect to be comfortable all day long. This sock delivers on the tough demands of those long days; skiing, snowboarding, snow-balling, sledding…chasing your family down the slopes keeping the feet warm and cozy. A real favourite.
Teko’s Wintersport socks help you achieve the perfect boot fit for your skiing or riding. There is nothing unnecessary here. Just the technical features needed to keep your feet warm, dry and blister free. Teko’s poly is 100% certified-recycled; 100% of the material comes from post-consumer waste like plastic bottles.
About Teko Socks:
At Teko they are not only commited to making the best socks ON the planet – they strive to make the best socks FOR the planet too! They approach sustainability as a balancing act. It’s not possible to produce a product without using energy and natural resources, so their mission is to minimize footprint at every stage. A major element of this commitment is constant research of new materials and production techniques to make that footprint smaller.
- Energy: Teko is 100% wind-powered at the office and the factory. Carbon offsets are purchased for staff travel.
- Materials: Their organic merino wool comes from Argentina from a group of farms that have been raising sheep organically for decades. Only non-motorized methods are used to herd the sheep. They are fed only organically-grown food and are not subjected to hormones, vaccinations, mulesing, or chemical drenches. Their grazing area is never sprayed with pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers. Strict water conservation methods are employed, as are protections against overgrazing. Organic merino wool is substantially more expensive than the non-organic alternative, but Teko believes the investment is worth it, both for consumers and the planet.
- Their recycled EVAPOR8 polyester fiber is made from 100% post-consumer waste, like plastic bottles.
- Chlorine-free processing: The chlorine-free process used to make M3RINO.XC machine washable and shrink-proof, is the only Bluesign® certified shrink-proofing process currently available for wool.
- Non-toxic dyes: No allergens, carcinogens, heavy metals or formaldehyde are used in our dyes. OekoTex 100 certification.
- Made in the USA: All of Teko’s socks are knitted in North Carolina. This saves trans-Pacific shipping energy and pollutants. Well-regulated US facilities produce much lower levels of pollution.